...was wonderful and BUSY! we got to spend time with both of our families. brian's whole family stayed with his parents...8 adults and 5 kids...it was a blast and extremely loud and exactly what my tired-self needed.
we officially moved in to our house on saturday, the start of break. then we made a trip to ikea on monday (my birfday!!) and purchased a bed, a bookshelf to be used as a pantry in the kitchen, and a desk. we got everything put together except for the hutch on the desk, thus completing our swedish engineering degree.
the joy of home ownership hit us like a freight train. we have....
- replaced a broken L-shaped shower curtain rod in the bathroom (so that we can finally take a shower)
- fixed the garbage disposal
- rewired the laundry room so we could use our dryer
- bought a new refrigerator because the one in the house wasn't working (yay for no more ice trays!!)
- ran a water line from the basement to the refrigerator for water and ice
- put a new lock on the back door so that we have a key for at least one dead bolt rather than just a storm door
- sanded down the threshold of the back door so that it would actually close
- reattached the loose soffit outside
- removed most of the ivy from the front porch
- fixed the latch on the fence so boo can't get out of the yard
- fixed the latch on the fence where the garbage cans are stored
- changed practically every light bulb in the house because they were almost all burnt out
- fixed the bulging plaster walls in the living and dining rooms
....and i'm sure the list could keep going. but when i say "we", i really mean "our dads". they know how to do everything...and are teaching us along the way!
in the meantime, i am 15 weeks, growing one gnarly belly, and can no longer button my pants! we will likely find out the gender of baby webb at our appointment right before christmas! YAY!!! hope everyone had a great thanksgiving!